Thursday, September 22, 2011

Puzzle Project FUN!

So for an optional project we had to make a puzzle. So at first I was thinking, "ok how can a puzzle teach a student to learn?". I mean when i think of puzzles i think of too many pieces becoming lost and a lot of frustration, so I was a little hesitant about actually attempting the project.

However once i clicked the project tap and read the details of the assignmentI actually thought it sounded pretty neat. It also made me think about all the different dittos that my elementary teachers would hand out to the class and have us complete during each day. Different lessons, topics, or special events always warrented a new set of papers for my ever growing folder.

Looking back I could probably find a bunch of old dittos from halloween, science, spring, spelling, and probably even some about math too. Really no lesson was off limits or impossible to make a puzzle for. As a student you never really think about the benefits of doing a simple puzzle or that you are even learning something but really you are. Through puzzles we are taught vocabulary, science and math terms, and other different facts. And as a student we find puzzles to be both challenging and fun at the same. Part of the challenge of being a teacher is to incorporate fun activities into lessons so that students enjoy learning new facts.

After making a few of the puzzles I actually found myself wanting to make some for myself just for fun. My friends even enjoyed doing some of my puzzles after I printed a few out. Puzzles are very versitle and can be used for anything!

 And really what student doesn't enjoy solving a good puzzle challenge?!

No comments:

Post a Comment