Friday, September 16, 2011

Week 3 About Me!

ABOUT ME


• My name is Amanda Silverman. My friend is right next to me and is just listing off random words to describe me so blame her for these random words: random, humorous, spontaneous, & unique (but not in a bad way according to her). 


While I do approve of those four adjectives I do have to add in a few of my own including: sarcastic, witty, hyper, and a little bit too nerdy for most people's tastes. And by nerdy I don't mean that I am constantly stuck at the library or running around the university with a giant backpack threatening to flip me over. Great now my friend just called me nerdy when she asked what I was doing because I so happened to push my glasses up the bridge of my nose. . . . :). However I do have a huge addiction to purchasing vast quantities of books at any given moment. Seriously I think I brought at least 50 books to school just for fun! 


Now onto some other bland topics just so you know a little bit more about myself. I was adopted at three days old and actually spent my first night out of the hospital in a laundry basket so i was definitely super comfy. With my family now I have no siblings but my birth mother gave birth to one older sibling and one younger one. Currently when I am home I live with my DAD! I am from Long Island, which was actually made from parts of glacier residue or something. 


Now as I stated above I am a hyper person and tend to move from one thing to another when it comes to actually keeping my interest in things. I love to go running/jogging, and well basically doing anything athletic including playing frisbee horribly, attempting to kayak, or trying to start the first Cortland Bobsled Team. I also am an avid reader, as if you could not tell from above, and I also enjoy watching movies. Of course I cannot ignore my one true favorite: watching Disney movies with my girls! Actually at the moment we are just finishing up watching the Lion King :)

Now I enjoy watching some slasher flicks as much as the next person but I cannot stand actual blood or injuries on real people. Literally I get a strange feeling along my wrist and start shuddering all over. . . yuck! Also I cannot stand spiders! They are gross little buggers with way too many eyes and arms. Plus they have enough venom in them to take down an elephant or something. Also I hate the wind. Really it makes no sense since I am a wind element according to astrology even though my sign is known as the water bearer . . . so I guess water = wind? 


When I am at university I have to keep myself busy so I have had a job on campus since freshmen year. At the moment I serve up orders and sandwiches as Dunkin Donuts and also am a happy sandwich maker at Subway! During the summer I work as a Camp Counselor for young children so basically I get paid to spend time playing sports, eating camp food, and trying to get a tan (so far no luck in six years on that one). 

Someday I hope to take a long plane ride (so not gonna happen with my fear of airplanes) and hop over the pond to visit jolly 'ol England! I have been working on my British accent for years and really want to have a try at making some of those serious guards crack a grin. That would just be Ace! Basically I would love to travel the world to many different places including: Ireland, England, Italy, Australia, Alaska, Colorado (mountain climbing and hiking of course), Montana (wolves and mountains galore), and Japan. 


Now I leave you with one word: Penguins. . . :p




No comments:

Post a Comment